Thanks to you who support the ministry of HeartCry, we were able to purchase two hundred solar-powered audio Bibles to be carried into Iraq. These Bibles are being sent to a relief team of Americans and Middle Easterners who are currently in northern Iraq conducting medical work; distributing food, blankets, and heaters; and sharing the Gospel through preaching and Bible distribution. Many refugees have already received Arabic New Testaments, but others are illiterate and in need of these audio Bibles.
In January of 2015, the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre estimated that there were at least 3.3 million internally displaced people in Iraq. But in the midst of such turmoil and suffering, we can still praise God for His wisdom and grace, for we know that He works all things together for the good of those who love Him (and also those who will someday come to love Him)!
Operation World estimates that there are only around 50,000 Evangelical Christians in Iraq (less than 0.2% of the population). Obviously, the extremely hostile environment makes it difficult to reach people with the Gospel. However, because of the conflict, those who once were totally beyond the reach of the Gospel are now within reach!
One Middle Eastern doctor said that she had been praying for open doors for the Gospel in Iraq for many years. Now, finally, her prayers are being answered. Many Muslims living in this area are scared, hurt, confused, and in need of help. What a privilege to be able to show with sacrificial love and service that we serve the One True and Living God!
(1) For the safety of the workers in this extremely dangerous environment.
(2) That the Bibles would make it through customs with no problems.
(3) That the Bibles would reach people whom God has prepared to hear and believe.
(4) For the Word to advance mightily and spread throughout the land.
(5) For continued and greater open doors for the Gospel in the Middle East.
(6) For the conversion of the authorities in power: “First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (I Timothy 2:1-4).
(7) For more Gospel-centered and biblical laborers in the Middle East: “Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you; and that we will be rescued from perverse and evil men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one” (II Thessalonians 3:1-3).