Dear Friends & Prayer Partners, Greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Lord has been gracious to us and we as a family are growing in the Lord. Our two kids are growing fast as we can see God’s goodness in our family. I am thankful to my wife Arpana taking care of kids and even reading solid books. Alongside with me, she is one of the helper in my ministry.
God is good and by His grace I was able to minister those people whom He has entrusted me. Apart from Him, nothing I can do. Let me share the work of the Lord how he has used me a couple of months.
1. Ministry in the Local Church Regularly basis in a local church I am teaching from the Westminster Shorter Catechism. These couple of months I was able to teach from Faith & Repentance and Means of Grace. It was very encouraging to help our common believers on these topics. They were very much blessed and growing in the right biblical understanding. Moreover, as I explained what true faith looks like and what is false faith looks like. They were very much clear and thankful to God receiving sound teaching. Many were deceived by the false faith and false repentance here in Nepal because many follow sinner's prayer teaching which causes many to make claims to be Christian. We were also able to look from the Means of Grace; (a) The Word of God (b) The Sacraments (C) Prayers. Going all through these our saints were very much blessed and helped. Apart from this I was able to visit believer's house and encouraged them from the word of God, personal counseling etc.
2. Youth Bible Study This Youth Bible Study is going on from more than one year. The Lord is speaking in the hearts of many young people and sharpening them by His double edges swords. I am able to see how much this bible study affected the life of young people which they are coming to the repentance and faith in Christ and growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Before they were very weak in understanding of the gospel as they were in chaos and confusion. But now I can see the young generations are growing in the Lord and I am assured the Lord is establishing biblical churches. These last couple of months I was able to help our youths from the "One True God" by Paul Washer on God is True and God's Faithfulness. They were very much encouraged and challenged. They are coming to the right view of God and living to worship God. Even I am also much blessed when I teach them. We have also privileged to have Bro. J. T. and Kyle Davis one Saturday among the Youth group. We had gone through Q & A and it was very helpful from their visit.
3. New Fellowship "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matt 28:18-20. The Lord given us a commission and that is our work for His glory. We had privilege to begin a new fellowship at Jhanda Village 45 Km west from Butwal. Seven weeks, I and others saints have been visiting brother Kumar's and his family every week of Friday. The Lord is opening the doors and Kumar's younger brothers and giving interest in the Lord. Brother Kumar who is 23 years old and his two younger brothers who are 12 and 14 years old are very excited to sit and listen the word of God. These three brothers are learning the word of God and they memorized 66 books of the Bibles. Kumar is growing in faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ and reading "50 Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die" by John Piper, "The Truth About Man" by Paul Washer. Kumar's family is very poor and very hard to manage their basic needs. They are living in a small roof as the heavy rains the house leaks and very hard to sleep. But the Lord has brought salvation in this house and we are very thankful to the Lord. We are praying that the Lord help them and provide their needs. We hope the Lord will bring many souls from this part of the world.
4. Evangelism God also gave me and opportunity to evangelize the people in this month. I was able to make a hike up to the mountains near Butwal with my friends and privileged to share the Gospel personally and many sound gospel tracts were distributed. May the Lord open their hearts and minds and come to the saving faith. Apart from this I had and opportunity writes a gospel in a Christian magazine. This is the periodical magazine run by the Christian soldiery. I was able to write on the first periodical The Order of Salvation, secondly, The Gospel and it's Needs and thirdly, The Work of Triune God in Salvation. There are many so-called Christian who are still far away from the sound gospel. They are having prosperity gospel and my desire is to help them because there are still some of His sheep wandering in the wilderness and this sound literature help them to come in His truth because His sheep will hear His voice John 10:16. May the Lord illuminate their hearts and mind by the power of His spirit and using His word which are written in these literatures.
5. Books We thank God for His grace, mercy and providence. We are thankful to the HeartCry prayer partners and donors for you supports. You have been such a blessing for the Gospel work here in this dark country Nepal. By God's grace, your prayers and supports has made a tremendous impact in advancing His kingdom and building biblical churches in Nepal. I and our men have privileged to read sound books by different authors which are translated in Nepali. We have already received:
A. The One True God
B. Truth About Man
C. Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ
D. Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die
E. Dangerous Duty of Delight
F. Sound Doctrine
G. Church Elders.
The series of the 9Marks is being translating and hopefully we will receive Expositional Preaching soon. Our target is to finish this 9Marks series books and then move further to translate other sound books. These books are really helping our men and women in growing right understanding. I am re-reading Church Elders book and reminding myself and molding me in Christ, especially as I read through the qualifications. May the Lord use these materials and encourage and challenge us to build biblical churches in Nepal for His own glory. Your love, prayers and supports greatly shape the Life of people.
At last thank you all for laboring together for the Gospel ministry. We appreciate all your effort for the advance of His kingdom. All glory to God! In Christ, Sarvajit