HeartCry Conference in Nepal (Feb. 2016)
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, It is my great joy in the Lord to share the blessing of God through His word. We are thankful to HeartCry for laboring together for His gospel and sending Pastor Nathan Sawyer for the conference. The churches of Nepal desperately need sound, biblical teaching and we are hungry for it. God has been gracious to us by laying the foundation of the Gospel of Christ by His words through the conferences and we, the elders, are receiving the word with great joy. We want biblical churches in Nepal so the Christ’s glory, filled through His bride, will honor the triune God. Let me share what we have received in the four days conference and how we were blessed.
The first two sessions were: "Glory of Christ in the Church" (Ephesians 1-5) and “Christ Loves the Church and Gave Himself for Her” (The Gospel according to John 10)
1. We are saved by His grace through faith in Christ (Eph. 2:4-10)
2. We are one in Christ (Eph. 2:11-22)
3. Christ sanctified His church (Eph. 5:26)
4. We are new people (Eph. 2:11-22)
5. We must diligently preserve unity (Eph. 4)
6. We must equip the saints to do the work of the ministry (Eph. 4)
7. The church must be built up in Christ (Eph. 4:14 -16)
8. The church is to pray for one another (Eph. 1:13-23)
9. Christ is the door for His sheep (John 10:2)
10. Christ came to gave Himself for His sheep (John 10:11)
11. Christ is a good shepherd (John 10:11)
12. Christ lay down His life for His sheep (John 10:11)
13. Christ knows His sheep and care for his sheep (John 10:15)
14. Christ has more sheep (John 10:16)
15. Christ has authority to lay down and take up His life (John 10:17-18)
16. Christ did in His father name (John 10:25)
17. His sheep will hear His voice (John 10:27)
18. His sheep will follow Him (John 10:27)
Four sessions: "Christ Message to the Church" (Revelation 1-3) and the last two sessions on "Ten Ingredients for the Healthy Church."
1. The church in Ephesus
2. The Church in Smyrna
3. The Church in Pergamum
4. The Church in Thyatira
5. The Church in Sardis
6. The Church in Philadelphia
7. The Church in Laodicea
8. Expository Preaching
9. Biblical Prayer
10. Biblical Theology
11. Biblical Understanding of the Gospel
12. Biblical Understanding of Salvation
13. Biblical Practice of Evangelism
Six sessions on "Ten Ingredients for the Health Church."
1. Biblical Requirements of Membership
Questions and Answers
a. Are you have Conversion?
b. What is the Gospel?
c. Have you been baptized following your conversion?
i. What mode of Baptism?
ii. Which Church you received baptism?
d. What about your walk in Christ for these several months?
e. Why God commands you to join this church?
f. Have you read the church statement of faith?
i. Do you agree with this?
g. Have you read the church covenant?
i. Do you fully agree?
2. Church Discipline
3. Biblical Church Polity
a. Who will lead the church?
b. What is the biblical patter of leadership in the church?
c. What is the biblical qualification of church leadership?
d. What are their biblically define roles?
Three sessions: "Triangle of the Biblical Christianity,” "Appointing Elders," and "Life and Doctrine of Elders."
1. Triangle of the Biblical Christianity
a. Church Members (Matt. 18: 15-18; Acts 6:1-5; 1Cor. 12:24-26)
b. Individual Member (Heb. 10:25; Acts 2:42; Rom. 12:6-8)
c. Elders (1 Peter 5:1-5; Col. 1:7, 9-12; James 5:17; 1 Cor. 11:23-24)
2. Appointing Elders
b. Qualifications (1 Tim. 3:1-10; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5: 1-5)
3. Life & Doctrine of Elders (1 Tim 4:6-16)
a. What should be elder's life look like?
b. What does the bible says about how the elders should live?
c. What does the bible says about elder's doctrine?
These are the wonderful truth received from Brother Nathan Sawyer. Altogether, 34 men and women attended and participated in the conference. We all received great joy and were filled with His spirit. We look forward to laboring to view Christ-honoring churches in Nepal. We appreciate your ministry of prayer, encouragement, and finical support as we partner together for the advancement of His kingdom. All glory to our God! In Him, Sarvajit